This five-day hands-on course is aimed at those investigating Internet related complaints or who must do Internet research in the course of their duties. Students will learn how to effectively use open source intelligence to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to obtain information from the Internet. The course will cover aspects such as:
- Online privacy and anonymity.
- Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML) and basic website construction.
- Internet architecture.
- Advanced searching strategies and tools.
- Web site mapping and archiving.
- Introduction to Open Source Intelligence and the Intelligence Analysis process.