This five-day hands-on course is aimed at developing IT skills within the field of the computer forensics. The object of this training course is to introduce concepts of computer forensic investigations are conducted and the necessity to comply with established principles when conducting investigations and obtaining relevant data from numerous types of digital media. Content includes:
- History of computer forensics
- Current legislation
- Current investigation trends,
- Best practice – Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) Guidelines.
- Forensic readiness and an overview of the digital investigation process and an in-depth discussion of products and tools.
- Computer Forensics an introduction to the information available and the manner by which it should be obtained.
- Introduction to creation dates, deleted material, temporary internet files, the registry,
- E-mail systems & peer to peer file sharing.
- Capabilities of Police & Defence experts and presentation in court.
Case studies to include types of High tech crime and criminal use of the internet.